Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To enahance your comfort and truly relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Oxford is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Franklin's Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc constantly recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape in the heat.
- First, another opportunity to recall the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter routinely! Replace it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can severely damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s operations. cut the grass, get rid any debris and eliminate overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you start it this summer. Be sure to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it clear and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If it’s time to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Franklin's Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc in Oxford at 662-281-1231 today.