Having standard air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Oxford summertime, have the specialists at Franklin's Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc conduct your routine air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if needed, examine for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than unlawfully releasing it to the air.
- Look for proper airflow in the system.
- Confirm the appropriate electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Look for the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We suggest looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Franklin's Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc today at 662-281-1231.