During the colder Oxford months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it does, a simple call to Franklin's Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got a few signs you should monitor for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Franklin's Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc right away if you notice any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not big enough for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your energy bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Franklin's Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, call us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Franklin's Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc at 662-281-1231 or schedule an appointment with us online.