When it’s cold in Oxford you need your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you may have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system seems to be running well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can stop air flow, decrease your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are quite a few reasons you might have to have a furnace repair. The more promptly you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like Franklin's Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.
1. Your furnace is loud. You might have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating correctly. Is it running for the right amount of time? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You could have a problem with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you increased the temperature again and again but haven’t noticed it feeling any warmer? This could indicate a few particular problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be a problem with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your house.
4. Your electric bill keeps growing. Your usage is steady but your bill keeps growing. This could indicate several different problems. Your HVAC expert will help sort out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is serious. If you smell gas, stop your furnace right away and close off its gas supply. Keep lights off and don’t use matches until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water pooling around your furnace. This is the result of a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC professionals to fix.
You’ll know when you have to schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The team at Franklin's Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.