As spring starts, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Oxford? Particularly if your cooling unit is recently installed or was working just fine last year.
Here’s one method to think about it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new automobile and never expect to book any work for it, such as getting new oil or buying new tires.
The same applies for your AC. It’s a piece of equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can end up with leaks and its moving parts can break down.
Having your unit examined yearly by a Franklin's Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc specialist can help spot minor issues before they turn into huge meltdowns. (And cause your system to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more prone to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly lower your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a professional to maintain complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate in your system can force it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these troubles can create elevated energy use—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and could even help it work for a greater period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity bill and in the long-term, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps identify minor problems before they lead to large, costly troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will carefully look at parts and complete a set of AC performance checks. These all-inclusive measures often allow us to find issues before they become major problems that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free comfort throughout the season. After your system is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is prepped to give worry-free comfort. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the best approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this tune-up, your system is vulnerable to early meltdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC tune-up should include an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll check the following locations and components:
- Total system condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the jobs we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Tune-Up Right Away with Franklin's Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc
Today is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Franklin's Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc pros a shout at 662-281-1231 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your house, don’t forget to check our special offers for savings on your next service.