Smart phones are our constant companions, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. You may not realize that your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. With it, you can control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
Technology can change rapidly, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats give you the ability to control your system using a Wi-Fi connection, allowing you to use your smart phone from anyplace, including work or a vacation destination to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, but they can also learn your schedule by knowing where you are. These thermostats can actually sense when you’re away from home and make adjustments to the temperature as needed.
There’s been a lot of talk about smart thermostats recently. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more common and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s never a bad time to educate yourself about them and all the benefits of using them, namely the ability to closely control the comfort of your home—even when you’re away from home. Following are more benefits:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will begin to make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home while saving money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it’s sometimes hard to remember to schedule HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and let you know when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You will see that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide array of heating and cooling equipment, so many models are most likely compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer you many benefits to maximize your home comfort levels and help you lower your energy bills. Call Franklin's Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc in Oxford at 662-281-1231. We have several thermostats for you to choose from, so you can be confident we’ll have one to match your needs.